The polymer concrete is a mixture of aggregates combined in a polyester resin matrix. The filler is quartz sand, dried in stoves after washing, mixed according to designed grain-size distribution curves. The aggregates mixture is then added in the resin and homogenized in an automated mixer at controlled temperature. The fresh concrete is then cast into vibrating moulds and left to harden.
- Compression strength: >100 N/mm²
- Radial tensile strength: >20 N/mm²
- Modulus of elasticity: >20.000 N/mm²
- Resistance to abrasion: corresponds to that of the granite or sandstone, i.e. 0.14 mm after 100.000 using the Darmstädt method
- Chemical resistance: from concentrated acids pH1 – pH13 to concentrated leaches, on a short-time basis; standard between pH 4 – pH 11
- Temperature range” Constant up to 80° C, on a short-time basis even more than 100° C
- Water absorption: less than ,13 % mass percentage